A construction site is a dangerous place. Even small inattentiveness can result in catastrophic accidents on a construction site.
Failure to take certain safety precautions, or lack of proper safety gear, can lead to construction site accidents. These construction accidents are dangerous and can severely impact the lives of individuals and their families.
People reach out to personal injury lawyers in NY, or construction accident attorneys, in the event they meet with such a tragedy. Remember, not all accidents are avoidable; however, some injuries are preventable. Here are a few tips that can help you prevent these kinds of injuries.
Dangerous excavation work at NY construction sites
Excavation is the deadliest form of construction work performed today, as per OSHA. Statistics show – There is a 112 percent higher fatality rate for the excavation work as compared to general construction work. Also, OSHA released statistics that indicate that 23 workers were killed in trench collapses in 2016.
Three protective measures for construction trench accidents:
- Shoring – Using aluminium hydraulics to prevent a trench from caving in.
- Sloping – It is the process of cutting the trench wall back at an angle that inclines away from the trench.
- Shielding – Use of trench boxes to prevent a cave-in of the trench.
If an accident does occur, a personal injury lawyer in NY can help you proceed in the right direction and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Other safety tips to include:
- Make sure to wear the appropriate safety gear
- Participate in all safety training programs offered by your employer
- It is very important that you get proper training whenever you begin a new job or use new machinery
- Don’t work in bad weather conditions. In case of storm, wind or icy weather, one should avoid working. The dangers can be as severe as electrocution
- Learn to lift items properly as it will avoid back problems. Also, a back brace is suggested
If you or your loved one has been injured in a construction accident, or any other type of accident, it is important that you get in touch with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Queens, who will give the right advice and help you proceed in the right direction. Call the Law Firm of Vaughn, Weber & Prakope, PLLC at 516-858-2620 today!