Construction accident can result in fatalities for victims. For those who do not suffer this fate, the injuries suffered affect the entire course of life. That’s right! These severe injuries can result in the loss of limbs or bodily function, or a reduction in the victim’s ability to perform daily routine tasks and earn money. Extreme weather conditions, heights and heavy-duty machines are some things that increase the chance of a life-threatening accident at construction sites.
These accidents can affect a victim’s personal, family and professional lives in many ways. This is exactly where our experienced construction accident lawyers prove their value in a victim’s life by protecting their financial interests. Before moving further, it is important to know the factors that lead to fatal accidents at construction sites.
Some reasons for construction accidents:
According to the experienced construction site attorneys in the Bronx, below are the leading factors behind construction accidents:
- Scaffolding/decking malfunction
- Defective machinery
- Crane and heavy equipment accidents
- Falling heavy objects and machinery
- Failure to use proper safety equipment
- Slips and falls from heights/roofs/ladders
- Machinery’s collision with construction workers
- Fall into trenches or some other areas that are excavated
- Failure to comply with Industrial Codes
How construction accident attorneys help victims?
Most importantly, this is the key thing you should seek an answer to. Life after a construction site accident changes significantly for the victim. How? Let’s see below:
- You can die.
- You can be injured badly resulting in time and money spent in the hospital.
- You could be in a coma.
- The expense of your recovery, medical and healthcare procedures can affect you, as well as, your family’s financial life.
- You lose income because you are not able to go to work unless you recover fully.
- Your ability to work and earn is reduced due to ongoing conditions.
More to the point, you need someone who can safeguard your financial interests to help make sure you have money available to handle your daily needs, and the needs of your family. This is where the Law Firm of Vaughn, Weber & Prakope, PLLC, a group of experienced construction accident lawyers in Bronx, Queens, Nassau County, Brooklyn, New York, Manhattan, Long Island, and Staten Island, can help you move in the right direction.
A Forklift Tips Over in Brooklyn and Kills a 46-year-Old Construction Worker From Queens