Commercial litigation is one of the most complex areas of the law since it contains different speciality areas that come with various legal implications and regulations. Often referred to as business litigation, this area of law is comprised of various spheres, which often arise in the context of business. The expertise of commercial litigation lawyers in Queens, Nassau County or Suffolk County can get you the required results.
The scope of commercial litigation includes disputes such as:
- Breach of contract
- Partnership & joint enterprise disputes
- Business torts
- Civil litigation
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Shareholder to shareholder litigation
- Class actions
Sound judgment and strategic decision hold a dominant place when it comes to resolving business disputes. It also implies that two or more parties try to resolve conflicts that arise in the business and all the parties appeal to the legal system.
Role of a Commercial Litigation Lawyer
A commercial litigation lawyer is a legal expert who stands on behalf of the company and represents the company’s interests in a financial dispute. In other words, the main role of a commercial litigation lawyer is to protect the rights of the company.
After you contact a commercial litigation lawyer for legal guidance, he will analyze your case. He will then provide you with the best possible legal solution and help obtain appropriate outcomes at the end of the litigation process. Remember though, there are many steps for a commercial litigation lawyer between contacting them and achieving the best outcome. Here are the common roles of a commercial litigation lawyer.
- Conducting an initial evaluation of the case
- Drafting the required pleadings
- Analyzing the strengths and/or weaknesses of the instant matter and effectively communicating same to the client.
- Forming responses to the other party’s complaint
- Exchanging information with the other party
- Preparing necessary documents to support the lawsuit
- Selecting the best strategy to be deployed in court
- Presenting the case in court
- Negotiating with the lawyer of the other party
- Appealing the case if necessary
Picking the right firm is half the challenge in these cases. Commercial litigation lawyers in New York City and Long Island have the required knowledge and experience in dealing with commercial litigation. Contact us to learn more!