What’s your MDR number?

On February 27, 2011, in Landlord-Tenant, by Robbie L. Vaughn, Esq.

Multiple Dwelling Registration

If a landlord in Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, or the Bronx wants to bring an action in Landlord-tenant court or request a code violation dismissal, it is important that he/she make sure their building has a multiple dwelling registration number and is properly registered with HPD’s Registration Assistance Unit. In order for a landlord to initiate a court action or to request a code violation dismissal, they must prove that the building ‘s registration is current. A building with three or more dwelling units must be registered with HPD’s Registration Assistance Unit. Additionally, owners of  1 and  2 family dwellings, where neither the owner nor any family member occupies the dwelling, are also required to register with HPD. The building’s registration must be renewed annually.

If you have questions or would like assistance with your Landlord-tenant matter, feel free to call our office at (516) 858-2620! As always, The Law Firm of VAUGHN & WEBER, PLLC is here to assist you.  Visit us to arrange a FREE consultation. Thanks for stopping by!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

WhiteHouse by PageLines

Copyright © 2020 Law Firm of Vaughn, Weber and Prakope, PLLC
All Rights Reserved