Modification of a Child Support Order or Agreement

On May 5, 2010, in Family Law, by John A. Weber IV, ESQ.

There are an increasing number of modification questions coming into our firm.  Modification of a child support order is slightly different than modification of a child support agreement.  It is more rare that a court will order a modification of a child support agreement because it interferes with parties right to contract.  Child support agreements are however incorporated into judgments of divorce and are enforced the same as a child support order.  It is just a more difficult burden to meet in order to have the court modify the agreement.

If you have a child support agreement or child support order and are having problems making payments or having problems collecting monies owed to you, feel free to call the Law Firm of Vaughn, Weber & Prakope, PLLC, at (516) 858-2620 to speak with a family law attorney!

Please visit our Family Law and Divorce categories to learn more about Family Law and Divorce issues.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

WhiteHouse by PageLines

Copyright © 2020 Law Firm of Vaughn, Weber and Prakope, PLLC
All Rights Reserved