Personal Injury Attorneys
If you’ve been injured in an accident, a personal injury attorney may be able to help you. Gathering information for your personal injury case will not be the first thing on your mind after being involved in a traumatic incident. However, the following is some of the important information you will need to provide to your Personal Injury Attorney:
About The Incident
- As much detail about the actual accident as possible (what happened?).
- Any and all witnesses to the accident (who was there when it happened?). Extremely helpful to provide names, phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses if possible.
- All who responded to the incident and likely took a report (police, fire, emergency medical technician, private security, management).
- Any statements you made to anyone (written or oral).
- Detailed information regarding any and all doctor visits and/or hospitalizations related to the incident.
- Any records you have regarding the incident (i.e. hospital record, police report).
- If your injury is work-related.
- If you have ever been injured before.
- If you are involved in any other lawsuits.
- If you have ever filed for bankruptcy.
- If you have hired or met with another attorney on this matter.
The above is just some of the information you should be ready to provide your Personal Injury Attorney with. He/she will be able to explain why providing the above information is important to your case.
The above is not legal advice, but The Law Firm of Vaughn, Weber & Prakope, PLLC is here to assist you! Call (516) 858-2620 to schedule an appointment with an attorney.